Do you want to work for a COOL company? Do you have experience with and a LOVE for being physically active at work? Do you thrive on detailed work? Are you a quick learner? Do you work well independently as well as part of a team?
If you can answer yes to all these questions, then we welcome you to apply to our job opening!
The Production Generalist is cross trained to support multiple production functions within the Tileworks; mold making, pressing, kiln loading/unloading, glaze mixing, dip glazing and waxing, and shipping. Understanding and adherence to standardized processes is critical. The position requires the knowledge and the courage to stop production and suggest/make corrections when things are not right. This is a full-time position
Role specific tasks performed by a Production Generalist:
- Make production molds.
- Press and hand-edge clay tiles.
- Assist with loading and unloading the kilns, mixing glaze, waxing and dipping tiles.
- Implement quality control procedures and maintain high quality standards for in-process and finished products.
- Perform quality checks, pick, package/prepare and ship orders.
- Receive freight/packages, quality check, load and unload raw materials and finished goods.
- Assist in keeping finished goods inventory organized and accurate.
- Organize work areas and perform weekly cleaning duties.
- Participate in presentations during public tours.
- Miscellaneous maintenance projects around the Tileworks.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Basic math skills.
- Minimum of 1 year of production-related work experience.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and quickly change focus/priorities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Self motivated.
- Proven ability to get along with others.
- Demonstrate a patient, positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry 25-50 lbs. repeatedly for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive physical movements (wrist, hand, arm, back & knees).
Compensation & Benefits:
This position pays $15.00 per hour. In addition to the priceless satisfaction of working with great people in an organization that makes the world a better place, employees receive approximately $5,000 in benefits, including:
- Company sponsored health insurance plan
- Paid vacation, sick/personal time and holidays
- Life & Disability insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with employer match
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Up to 50% discount on Motawi tiles and Rovin clay
- Monthly employee “socials” (when we are no longer social-distancing)
- Recognition program with monetary and non-monetary rewards
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter, describing how you meet the job requirements and why you are the best person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or emails please. Equal Opportunity Employer.