Motawi Tileworks is a nationally recognized maker of distinctive art and installation tiles for homes and public places. We make our tile in a way that is healthy for our people, solidly profitable, and actually fun. Our tiles are valued for their design and quality. We enrich people’s lives with our beautiful tiles, positive mojo, and by modeling healthy workplace practices. We have an intentional culture based on positivity, improvement mindset, hustle, and teamwork. Decisions are guided by the Motawi Mojo Manifesto, which defines our core values and mission, and Toyota’s 14 Management Principles. Motawi companies feature open book management and a profit-sharing program which rewards all staff equally when quarterly profit goals are achieved.
Reporting to the owner, the Manufacturing Operations Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of 2 manufacturing facilities. This position is accountable for all aspects of operational performance and ensuring objectives are achieved in a manner that is consistent with company standards. We believe that good processes, executed by properly selected and trained staff, are the keys to long-term success. We do a lot of things right and seek a professional who will help ensure those things keep happening. A leader committed to continuous improvement and positive change will fit well within our culture.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead manufacturing operations according to Motawi best practices.
- Plan, organize, and drive facility results through performance metrics, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Steward the team as they meet or exceed production and defect targets. Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Responsible for data collection, coordination, and communication of production goals. Prepare, analyze, and issue production and performance reports.
- Manage facilities preventative maintenance program.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all people within the organization.
- Facilitate meetings & effectively communicate at all members of the organization.
- Engage and teach Toyota Style Problem Solving.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions.
- Lead root cause analysis investigations.
- Create and maintain reference materials & audit processes.
- Model and foster a process-driven environment which includes continuous improvement.
- Participate in the interviewing, hiring and orientation processes, ensuring the integrity of the Motawi culture.
- Responsible for performance feedback and leadership of all direct and indirect reports including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective action.
- Conduct performance reviews/evaluations for staff members. Coach supervisors in the development and delivery of employee feedback.
- Ensure OSHA mandated safety programs are in place, that promulgates a safety culture.
- Assure all safety devices are in place and properly utilized.
- Bachelor's Degree in business management or other appropriate area of study. Prefer a degree in manufacturing, industrial and operations engineering, quality or technical ceramics.
- Minimum five to seven years’ experience managing multiple functions within a manufacturing environment. Ceramics experience preferred, but not required.
- Possess a basic understanding of ceramics.
- Training and experience in TQM, 5S, Lean or Six Sigma highly desired. Working knowledge of Toyota Style Production Principles is a plus.
- Credentials with manufacturing methods & process improvement procedures.
- Proven history of success managing in an environment of continuous improvement, team building and employee engagement while driving results.
- Possess general mechanical aptitude and basic machine maintenance ability.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated with a positive outlook and demeanor.
- Ability to interpret financial and performance data.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach management talent.
- Ability to drive result with focus and optimism.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply, please email your resume and detailed cover letter, describing how you meet the job requirements and why you are the best person for the job to email@example.com.
No phone calls or emails please. Equal Opportunity Employer.