Hydraulic Press Operator (Tile presser) September 23, 2020
Are you reliable? Do you have a calm and happy disposition? Do you thrive on physically demanding, repetitive work? Can you embrace the fussy details to ‘get it right the first time’? Can you provide three glowing employment/character references? Is your attendance excellent?
If you can answer yes to all these questions, this may be the job for you!
Motawi Tileworks is a nationally recognized maker of distinctive art tiles for homes and public places. We make our tile in a way that is healthy for our people, solidly profitable, and kind of fun. Our tiles are valued for their design and quality, which means getting the work right every time. We have an intentional workplace culture in which we emphasize positivity, constant improvement, and consistently high performance.
- Press moist clay into plaster molds, using a hydraulic press and according to specification
- Hand finish tiles
- Manually load and unload clay, molds, and metal mold cases
- Frequently lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- This job requires: standing, walking, bending, stooping, and crouching
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Operate and clean clay pugmill
- Help with anything that needs doing, just like everyone else here!
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Significant physical strength and endurance
- Ability to focus the on details of the work
- Consistent positive attitude
- Ability to work at a quick pace with accuracy
- Mechanical ability
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
Compensation and work hours:
- This physically challenging work offers a competitive wage of $18/hour. In addition, all Motawi workers receive approximately $5,000 in benefits, and the satisfaction of working with great people in a healthy and creative organization.
- This is a full-time position, working 40 hours/week, plus the potential for occasional overtime.
Send the items listed below to email@example.com subject: Presser. Sorry, no calls or in person solicitations related to the position will be entertained.
- Short cover letter explaining why you want to work at Motawi specifically
- Image(s) of something you have built along with a short explanation.