Gallery Sales, Customer Care & Outreach Support
a.k.a. Maker of First Impressions September 23, 2020
Are you unapologetically extroverted? Do you enjoy the process of winning over strangers? Are you a great listener? Do you love beautiful things, specifically Motawi Tile? Do you play well with others?
If so, you might just love the position of Maker of First Impressions aka Gallery Sales, Customer Care and Outreach Program Support. Your job is to provide extraordinary customer service to our retail customers both in-person and online. Motawi fans travel long distances to visit and we want to give them a fantastic experience. This position includes responsibility for greeting our phone, walk-in customers and web customers. In this capacity you are the one who gives customers their first impression of the Tileworks. Therefore, a neat appearance, excellent phone/email manners and tact are important.
Motawi Tileworks is a nationally recognized maker of distinctive art tiles for homes and public places. We make our tile in a way that is healthy for our people, solidly profitable, and actually fun. Our tiles are valued for their design and quality (not low price). We have an intentional workplace culture in which we emphasize positivity, constant improvement, consistently high performance, and fun.
Work Schedule: This is a full-time position working 36-40 hours/week. Must be available Tuesday-Sunday, working one weekend day as the norm, and rarely both weekend days.
Tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Giving top shelfcustomer service.
- Sharing responsibility for achieving sales targets.
- Greeting all phone and walk-in customers in a prompt, friendly, and engaging manner.
- Responding to customer inquiries via email.
- Processing internet orders.
- Basic website maintenance.
- Building personal connections with customers.
- Providing accurate information to customers about our tile and services.
- Daily maintenance required to keep the gallery looking its best.
- Assist with Administrative Community Outreach tasks, including Donations, Special Events, Workshops, etc.
- Conduct tours of the Tileworks to both the General Public and Private Parties.
- Occasional travel to events to represent the Tileworks
You might be right for this position if you:
- Have retail sales experience and enjoy retail sales.
- Have an engaging personality and make a warm first impression in person, on the phone and via email.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Are extroverted and exude positivity over the phone and in person.
- Have a strong aesthetic flair and know how to make things beautiful.
- Are energetic and used to being on your feet most of the day.
- Can’t help but keep things organized.
- Are willing to do whatever needs doing whether it is in your job description or not.
- Are a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Microsoft Office
- Shopify or Square
- Mad Mimi or Mail Chimp
Compensation: $14 - $15/hour, plus approx $5,000 worth of benefits, and the priceless satisfaction of working with talented people in a creative organization.
Sorry, no calls or in person solicitations related to the position will be entertained.
To be considered you must include all three items listed below. Please send to email@example.com Attention: Gallery Sales.
- Cover letter explaining how your talents match the person described above and why you are interested in working at Motawi Tileworks.
- Resume (2 pages maximum).
- Short essay describing a time when you provided exceptional customer service.