Do you want to work for a COOL company? Do you excel at fine handwork? Are you detail-oriented and exacting? Do you have a patient, positive attitude? Are you reliable? Would you like to work for a company that is open to new ideas and appreciates its employees?
If you can answer yes to all these questions, then we welcome you to apply to our job opening!
Motawi Tileworks is a nationally recognized maker of distinctive art tiles for homes and public places. Our tiles are valued for their design and quality. We are environmentally conscious, and our processes are designed with safety & health in mind. We have an intentional workplace culture in which we emphasize positivity, constant improvement, and consistently high performance. We are solidly profitable and promote an open, fun atmosphere.
Bulb Glazers glaze (paint) our multi-colored ceramic tiles. The work entails pooling ceramic glaze into areas of a tile separated by a line of clay about 1/16” of an inch high, with a bulb syringe. This is fine, detailed handwork which must be executed precisely within a prescribed amount of time. Examples of similar skills include cake decorating, sewing, knitting, needlework, and carving.
- Bulb glaze tile in order of priority in an efficient manner, meeting productivity standards.
- Apply wax coating to tiles.
- Record detailed data relevant to the work performed.
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Perform shared duties and anything that must be done in support of the glazing team and other departments.
- Load/Unload kiln.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Fine motor skills and excellent work habits.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to get along with others.
- Demonstrate a patient, positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Hand dexterity.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to lift and carry, without assistance, up to 30 lbs. repeatedly, throughout the workday.
Compensation & Benefits:
This position pays $15.00 per hour. In addition to the priceless satisfaction of working with great people in an organization that makes the world a better place, employees receive approximately $5,000 in benefits, including:
- Company sponsored health insurance plan
- Paid vacation, sick/personal time and holidays
- Life & Disability insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with employer match
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Up to 50% discount on Motawi tiles and Rovin clay
- Monthly employee “socials” (when we are no longer social-distancing)
- Recognition program with monetary and non-monetary rewards
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter, describing how you meet the job requirements and why you would be a great Motawi employee to email@example.com. Only candidates successfully completing our skills assessments will be considered.
No phone calls or emails please. Equal Opportunity Employer.