Bulb Glazer - Full-time, Temporary September 23, 2020
Do you excel at fine handwork? Do you exude exceptional calm and positivity? Are you reliable? Would you like to work for a company that appreciates it’s employees?
Bulb Glazers are the people who glaze our multi-colored ceramic tiles. The work entails pooling ceramic glaze into areas of a tile separated by a line of clay about 1/16” of an inch high, with a bulb syringe. This is fine, detailed handwork which must be executed within a prescribed amount of time. Examples of similar skills include cake decorating, sewing, knitting, needlework, and carving.
Although bulb glazers spend most of their time seated or standing at their workstations, kiln loading is also part of the job; candidates must be able to lift and carry loads of tile weighing up to 30 pounds. Continuous improvement of your glazing skills and related tile-making processes is important.
We are covering a personnel shortage which is expected to last 4-6 months and we don't want to make a promise of 'permanent' employment that we can't keep. This job could become permanent.
Motawi Tileworks is a nationally recognized maker of distinctive art tiles for homes and public places. Our tiles are valued for their design and quality. And we make our tile in a way that is healthy for our people, solidly profitable, and actually kind of fun. We have an intentional workplace culture in which we emphasize positivity, constant improvement, and consistently high performance. Our place is low on politics and we hire based on perceived cultural fit along with pre-existing skills and knowledge.
- Bulb glaze tile in order of priority
- Record data relevant to the work performed
- Participates actively in process improvement initiatives
- Help out with shared duties and anything that needs doing
- Fine motor skills and excellent work habits
- Get along well with co-workers
- Exude calm positivity
- Can lift and carry up to 30# repeatedly during the workday
- Pass a Bulb Glazing Proficiency Test as part of the hiring process
Compensation: $14.00+ /hour, plus approximately $5,000 in benefits, and the satisfaction of working with talented people in a creative organization.
To apply: Send all the items below to email@example.com Subject: Temporary Bulb Glazer
- Cover letter explaining how your talents match the person described above and why you would be a great Motawi employee.
- Resume (2 pages maximum).
- Photos of two projects you have made.
- Short written description of the projects and how they demonstrate your fine motor skills.
And sorry, but due to the volume of inquiries, we do not take phone calls or in person solicitations related to our openings.