Motawi Tileworks Tile Tour Information
Saturday March 29, 2014 | 11:00pm to 4:00pm
Join us for the first-ever Motawi Tileworks Tile Tour. This exclusive event will allow you to visit notable custom tile installations throughout Ann Arbor, including the home of our founder, Nawal Motawi.
Note: In order to provide the best experience possible, tour attendence is limited to advance-purchase ticket holders only. This event is sold out and there will be no on-site ticket sales the day of the event.
UPDATE: When visiting Site 2 (4297 Upper Glade Court), we strongly suggest you approach from Huron River Drive via East Delhi Road where the road is considerably better. Avoid the section of East Delhi coming in from Miller Road because the harsh winter weather has left that section of road in very poor condition.
Tips to Help You Get the Most Out of Your Tour
- Check in at the first site you visit; an official tour ticket and physical map will be given to you at that time. If you're the type who likes to get a jump on things, we encourage you to stop by the Tileworks studio gallery Thursday through Saturday 10am–5pm to pick up your materials ahead of time.
- Sites will be open between 11am and 4pm and can be visited in any order you find convenient, for as long as you like. Docents will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
- Allow a minimum of two hours to see all sites; true tile geeks may want to allow more time. There's lots to see!
- Remember to wear comfortable slip-on shoes, as you will be asked to remove them at the door. There are no public restrooms at the tour sites, so please plan accordingly.
- Street parking is recommended (and carpooling is even better!). We ask that you please not park in homeowners' driveways.
- Site 7 (Rudolf Steiner School) has an ample parking lot and public restrooms for your convenience.
- Above all, have fun and enjoy your tour!
Google maps to the tour sites are available here.
Extended Gallery Hours on Tour Day
Feeling inspired by the all those great installations? Our studio gallery store is open from 10am to 5pm the day of the tour.